Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 5 Activity 1

Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.

For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest...

After seeing my group gone I yelled out for help but nobody answered. So I just started walking straight and I saw someones foot prints somewhere near a massive bush so I just followed it and it led to somewhere weird and then I saw smoke in the air in was coming from behind me so I turned around and I saw people with guns telling me to turn around so I just went with them back to their place. Then all of a sudden some other guys came out of nowhere and attacked the guys that took me. One of them tackled them and one of the guys tried to shot them so the guy that attacked got a sword and they couldn't even see him so he killed them both and threw their bodies in the bush and so they took me away from the smoke and they said "those guys with the guns were going to kidnap you and kill you so you're lucky we cam in time to save you". I said "Please can you help me!?" I shouted. One of them said "it's gonna be alright.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jerome,

    I enjoyed reading your story. I must say it was very extreme and intense reading about how you were taken away by strangers you did not know and seeing lots of guns and fighting appear in front of you. Were you scared? Did you manage to find your group of friends? Sometimes when we are out on trips, we get so excited that we want to explore everything without realising we have removed ourselves from our group of friends, families and teachers. It is always important to stay as close as you can so you do not get lost. I would have been so afraid to go through the same situation as you. I hope you made it safely to Curious Kiwi.

    Keep up the good work Jerome.

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete